YANGON, June 27 (Xinhua) -- Myanmar government announced late Saturday further extension of preventive measures against COVID-19 until July 15.
The national-level Central Committee on Prevention, Control and Treatment on COVID-19 issued the announcement of extension measures as part of efforts to contain the spread of the virus.
The measures which had been lifted will not be affected in the extension, but those such as restrictions of gathering five persons or above, mass gatherings and others will remain in effect.
Those measures should be extended to remind the public to stay safe and alert since the pandemic has not ended yet, Yangon Region Social Affairs Minister Naing Ngan Lin told Xinhua.
Meanwhile, the government has been lifting some restrictions such as allowing factories, workshops and hotels to reopen, the regional minister said.
Myanmar has reported 293 COVID-19 confirmed cases with six deaths as of Saturday, according to latest figures released by the Health and Sports Ministry.